newbie with corbin saddlebag issues - Polaris Slingshot Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newbie with corbin saddlebag issues

I just purchased a 2016 SL LE yesterday and have issues. Has anyone come up with a fix for cobin bags popping open, and also leaking? Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

HELLO! Is anyone out there, or am I here on my own?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:52 PM

Hey there, Leon ... I love the Corbin Fleetliner Saddlebag look on the Slingshot, however, I do not own a set at this time. I cannot personally attest to a fix for either of the issues you inquired about, however, doing some research will lead you to discussions on this topic out there in other forums. I believe those discussions will outline a course of actions that you, as an end user, could perform to resolve, or extremely mitigate the issues. The sad take away, is that Corbin doesn't appear to have a strong customer service etiquette and end user is left in a lurch post sale. It also appears to me that the quality assurance program with Corbin is fallen into a slump.

These things aside, they do make a nice looking accessory, albeit expensive and not without it's quirks. If you're willing to tinker, it seems that these quirks can be worked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:36 PM
MRD

After a few weeks mine started popping open, I called corbin and they told me to file the bolt holes on the latch to make the pin line up. I did this but also had to add some shims to make the latch come forward a bit. They now work great but corbin should have sloted the bolt holes, it is slow tedious work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Slingshot Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page