Recall Confusion - Polaris Slingshot Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angry Recall Confusion

Hello...I am receiving confusing communications from my dealer and Polaris on the recent recalls, specifically the Swingarm recall. I told my 2016 SL Le I to my dealer for a minor fluid leak and was told that they were taking possession of it due to the Swingarm recall. I took the dealer at his word but contact Polaris who told me that it was not a "Do Not Ride" recall. I, in turn, contacted my dealer who told me the only way the would release my Slingshot to me was for me to sign a waiver of liability. Has anyone else experienced this? I am also being told that it will be a minimum of a month before the replacement parts are shipped to the dealers. Polaris says they are not offering any compensation for this extended recall, etc. I would really like to hear what other owners are being told.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 10:06 AM

I called my dealer to set up a 10,000 mile check up. The service writer told me do not bring it in or we will have to keep it till the recall is complete and it could take months. I went to the Polaris web site and they say no sale no ride recall. I then called Polaris customer service and they say ride at own risk. My question is the weak place visible to the naked eye can I inspect mine to help me decide on my risk. It's gonna be real painful next month when I send Progressive a $600.00 check for 3 months insurance on something parked in the corner of my shop with a cover on it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Angry Recall Update

I spoke with my dealer again yesterday, November 22, 2016, who told me that they expect to start receiving the part(s) in early December but did not have any more specific updates. They did tell me that they have eight (8) Slingshots in their possession currently and others awaiting the part(s) that are not in their possession. I, in turn, called Polaris Customer Service and was told that the part(s) would not be received by the dealers until early January, 2017. Obviously I was not pleased with this information and complained in a civil but obviously upset manner. I will be without my 2016 Slingshot SL LE with approximately 1,800 miles for a minimum of two months. I told the Polaris Consumer Relations person that I spoke with that Polaris should offer compensation for the inconvenience, etc. Nothing was offered. I also told the Consumer Relations person that my dealer had told me that I could pickup my Slingshot if I would be willing to sign a Waiver of Liability, which I will not do for obvious reasons.

This situation is deplorable and is a reflection of how much Polaris values its customers. I am seriously considering filing a lawsuit against Polaris as well as my dealer. This is a very unfair situation. I have also filed complaints with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration as I have not received any official written notification from Polaris. I am an extremely unhappy Polaris customer and do not intend to stay by idlely while this continues.

Last edited by HotPocket; 11-23-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I got a mailing about a month ago from Polaris about both issues (fuel line and swingarm). The letter said that the dealer would contact me when the parts are available for the fix and not to take it in until I got the notice. Nothing in the letter said do not ride. It's about 40 here in PA so I haven't ridden much at all since getting the letter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Slingshot Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page