Polaris Slingshot Forum

Polaris Slingshot Forum (https://www.slingshotowners.com/forum/)
-   Polaris Slingshot General Discussions Forum (https://www.slingshotowners.com/forum/polaris-slingshot-general-discussions-forum/)
-   -   Flat Tire Kit? (https://www.slingshotowners.com/forum/polaris-slingshot-general-discussions-forum/1857-flat-tire-kit.html)

Worewren 06-03-2015 10:48 PM

Flat Tire Kit?

So since there is not room or place for a spare what are you carrying along to get you through a flat tire situation?

wjfyfe 06-03-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worewren (Post 16113)
So since there is not room or place for a spare what are you carrying along to get you through a flat tire situation?

Cell phone and roadside assistance insurance! ;)

Bill

Worewren 06-04-2015 12:04 PM

Sure but where I live and drive that might take hours. And in some areas of the mountains you can rely on a cell phone. I was things about a tubeless tire repair kit and maybe an air pump that worked off the cigarette lighters. Just needs to be as small as possible so not to take up cargo space?

StingrayHawaii 06-06-2015 07:52 AM

I carry a can of Fix-a-flat in a plastic bag under the passenger seat so it will not roll around, I also have a MC rope plug kit with 3 CO2 cartridges in the rear compatment with our rain suits and have AAA with motorcycle coverage!

Simple leaks can be repaired on the road and fixed later when I find a tire dealer!
Bigger prolems....... I can call AAA for a tow!
With no spare, and no lug wrench, that is about the best I can do!

rghurst 06-25-2015 04:45 PM

Stingray: Have you checked with AAA to be sure they'll cover a tow. I've been told that AAA doesn't cover motorcycles.

Worewren 06-25-2015 07:20 PM

Yet alone three wheels, I would think it would have to be a flat bed since a regular car ramp won't work and hooking the front and dragging it on the back tire sounds wrong.

StingrayHawaii 07-07-2015 08:06 AM

Flat tire kit and AAA coverage

Quote:

Originally Posted by rghurst (Post 16386)
Stingray: Have you checked with AAA to be sure they'll cover a tow. I've been told that AAA doesn't cover motorcycles.

Yes AAA will cover motorcycles, it needs to be added for a small fee.

dwightp 07-08-2015 10:46 PM

Tell AAA that you have a car, towing will happen - please note that most tow companies use flabeds, ask for one.

harleyujoe 08-21-2015 08:14 AM

I know I carry pliers and plugs and small pump in cars but thinking a airline from spark plug to reach tires maybe

rocklinmike 04-11-2016 10:37 PM

Stop n Go plugging kit. Worms,glue (good glue. Not dried up).
Slime 12v compressor. Packs small and always on board. Use this setup on my bikes and have used it. More then once. Sometimes in BFE. Not sittin' on the side of the road, waitin' for a hook. Oh, and learn how to use it. Got AAA. Had to upgrade for bike towing. Peace of mind cover! Ride safe!