Power Seering Indicator Comes On - Polaris Slingshot Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Ben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power Seering Indicator Comes On

On my 2016 SS I am seeing the power steering dash light on. This has nothing to do with key ignition in on position for 5 minutes without engine being on. The second time I drove it, it came on. Turned off, on the engine it went away. That time, key stayed on for 5 minutes with engine off. Now with 175+ miles on it came on 4 times consecutively right away upon starting engine. Was able to recreate it at the dealer. They have no idea and not set up to diagnose 2016 models yet. Anyone having this issue? Thanks.

Last edited by Ben; 09-17-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 12:22 PM

Yes, I have over 3000 miles on my 2016 and have had my power steering light come on and loose the power steering very often. It has come on sometimes when I start it and it also has come on while I was driving. I have to turn the ignition off and back on and restart it to get it to reset so the power steering works. I have had it to the dealer a few times about it but they just blow it off.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Ben

Did Polaris ever fix this problem for you?
Well it's March 23, 2016. Took the SS back to the dealer several times left it with them four times including right now as write this. They changed the steering pinion, realigned using laser and still the light comes on with loss of power steering. I called Polaris and they opened a ticket. Waiting to hear from dealer tomorrow. My dealer says they fixed this problem on the 2015 and 2016 don't have this problem. Well mine is a 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:34 PM

I just bought a 2016.5 and I'm having the same problem with the power steering. I have 700 miles on it and it has happened 4 times. Hope they get this fixed soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 04:31 PM

3500 miles with no problem yet. 2015 sl
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 02:05 AM

When you turn the key on, let it cycle through until the gages stop, then start it. This stopped it for me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 09:40 AM

Yesterday, my early 2016 SS started doing the same thing. I've only had it two weeks, and am due for my 500 mile service this week, so I'll have the dealer check it out then. I did notice that there has been a dead spot in the center of the steering that is sometimes present before this started happening. The three times (since yesterday) that the steering light came on, I've been able to shut the SS off and restart to get it the light to go off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris Slingshot Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page